WebSphere Application Server Community Edition
WAS CE, plugs in nicely to your Eclipse environment to allow you to build EAR based applications and run them locally without having to rely on a full or developer's WAS. It also will display JSR 168 Portlets and really has some great freatures that make it a neccesary part of a developers J2EE toolbox.
WebSphere Application Server Community Edition server adapter (formerly called the Eclipse plugin)
Why WAS CE?
- It's a complimentary, lightweight Java EE 5 application server built on Apache Geronimo technology.
- It offers a pre-integrated, tested set of services that developers need to extend the functionality of Apache Tomcat such as Web services, a security framework, clustering, and messaging.
- It provides a host of technologies including EJB 3.0, new Java Persistence API, and annotations to improve developer productivity.
- It's available at no charge
- It harnesses the latest innovations from the open source community and supports the latest industry standards to deliver an integrated and flexible foundation for developing and deploying Java applications.